Director of Clinical Legal Programs (SCALES)
I am the Director of Clinical Legal Programs which means I am both a practitioner and a teacher. My legal practice is in the area of human rights including refugee and migration law; children’s rights; discrimination and economic social and cultural rights such as housing and welfare.
My teaching interests are in the areas of human rights and clinical legal education. I teach in our International Program on Human Rights run in Geneva but most of my time is in spent in the Clinical Program we run in collaboration with SCALES Community Legal Centre.
My research interests closely align to my human rights practice and my clinical teaching.
A list of your awards and grants listed here. We recommend that they are listed in date order
|2007: National Citation from the Carrick Institute. For Sustained Excellence in Providing an Experiential Learning Environment which Engages Students in a Lifelong Commitment to Social Justice.|
|2007: Vice-Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence in Enhancing Learning.|
|2002: National Human Rights Award for Law awarded by the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission.|
Other Publications and Submissions
- Contributor to the Alternative Report on the Implementation of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
- Contributor to the Alternative Report on the Implementation of the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights.
- Submission on the proposed Human Rights Act for Western Australia, 2007
- Review Committee and contributor to Alternative Report on the Implementation of the Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination, 2005.
- Submission on Proposed Racial and Religious Vilification Legislation, 2004.
- Submission to the Alternative Report on the Implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, NGO submission to the United Nations, 2004.
- Submission to the Senate Inquiry into the use of Ministerial Discretion in Immigration Matters, 2003
- Issues paper on the impact of changes to Family Law Act, on Western Australian Women. Women’s Legal Service 1999
- Submission to the ALRC and HREOC report; Seen and Heard – priority for children in the legal process Youth Legal Service, 1997
- Joint NGO Submission to the United Nations review of Australia ’s implementation of Convention on the Rights of the Child