Dr Arif Sikander
B.E., M.S., MBA, M.Ed, Phd.
Lecturer in Management
- zbib, i., ahmed, z., Sikander, A., noujim, r., (2012), DOES COUNTRY OF BRAND ORIGIN (COBO) MATTER FOR LEBANESE CONSUMERS?, EuroMed Journal of Business, 7, 2, pages 108 - 128.
- Sikander, A., Bahauddin, G., Akhtar, N., afza, t., (2012), Business Ethics of Pakistanis in Islamabad and Lahore: Do Age, Gender and Data Collection Processes Make a Difference, International Journal of Learning & Development, 2, 3, pages -.
- Sikander, A., (2014),Technology Management and the Firm,In: IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology.
• Sikander, A. (Dec2012). Managing Uncertainty of Innovation and New Product Development in the Aerospace sector – A Strategic Technology Management approach to develop strategies for the Aerospace academic institutions and the Technology planners in Turkey. 1st International Aviation Management Conference (INTAVIC2012), Ankara, Turkey, 12(1).
• Sikander, A., Mujtaba, B. G. and Afza, A. (2012). Stress, Task, and Relationship: Analysis across Two Culturally Diverse Countries. Journal of International Business and Management, 4(2), 33-40.
• Mujtaba, B. G., Sikander, A., Akhtar, N., and Afza, T. (June 2012). Business Ethics: Do Age, Gender and Data Collection Processes Make a Difference? International Journal of Learning & Development, 2(3), 325-341. Website: http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ijld. Indexed in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory and Proquest.
• Sikander,A. (2012). Strategic Technology Management Issues for Developing Countries. IEEE International Conference on Management ofInnovation & Technology, Bali, Indonesia. Indexed in IEEE USA Xplore Digital Library: Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICMIT.2012.6225769 Publication Year: 2012 , Page(s): 1- 4. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/guesthome.jsp
• (2012). Appointed reviewer for IEEE Journal of Management of Innovation and Technology and South Asian Journal of Business Research.
• Paper published in the proceedings of International Conference on Management Research at Superior University, 15-16 Dec 2011. “Understanding and Seizing Opportunities for Innovation in Emerging Markets. Crafting a Technology Strategy?”.
• Paper published in the proceedings International Conference on Aerospace Engineering, Institute of Space Technology, 28-29 Dec 2011. “Aerospace Technology Options: Small Aircraft Transportation System – Is it viable?”
• Currently engaged in an International Collaborative research with a USA Researcher on Stress perception, task orientation and relationship styles amongst people from different cultures and backgrounds (Approved by Research Ethics Committee vide ref.: 2011/049).
• Paper published in EuroMed Journal of Business “Dynamics of country of brand origin – A Lebanese case study”. Volume 7, Issue 2, 2012.
• Paper published in EuroMed Journal of Business “Predicting consumer behaviour based on country of origin: A case study of Lebanese consumers”. Volume 1, Issue 5, 2010. ISSN: 1450-2194.
• Paper published in the proceedings International Digital Innovation Conference, Institute of Space Technology, 21-22 Dec 2010. New Product Development & Management of Innovation – A Strategic Technology Management Approach to provide effective linkage between Academic Institutions and Industries.
• Paper published in the proceedings International Conference on Management Research in Superior University, 2-4 Dec 2010. “Strategic Management in Uncertainty”.
• Paper published in the proceedings World AGBA Forum in Bahrain 16-18 Nov, 2008. “Strategic Technology & Development Model for Developing Countries”.
• Paper published in the proceedings World Congress in Bhurban 12-14 Nov, 2008. “Strategic Technology & Development Model for Developing Countries”.
• Paper published in the proceedings World Congress in Bhurban 12-14 Nov, 2008. “COO effect in airlines”.
• Paper published in the proceedings World Congress in Bhurban 12-14 Nov, 2008. “COO effects in low involvement products”.
• Attended various workshops in Australia from 2004-2007 including RPL workshop, Project Management, Higher Degrees, VET Steps, Leadership.
• Paper published in the proceedings of AGBA Conference. Strategic Technology Management for high tech sector in Malaysia on 25th May, 2007 at the AGBA Conference, USA.
• Presented concepts on contemporary issues in Aviation Management at Murdoch University Oct,2005
• Attended Workshop on “Strengthening your VTET Institution” on 9th Oct, 2002 at SEMEAO VOCTECH Brunei.
• Presented paper entitled “Technology Management Issues” on 19th Dec, 2001 at Curtin University, Perth, Australia at the Science and Technology for Economic Development Conference.
• Presented paper entitled “Knowledge Management for the Brunei Services Sector” on 12th September 2001 in Brunei at the 6th ASEAN Science and Technology Week.
• Paper entitled “A cost-effective financial management tool for the VTE Institutions” published in the proceedings of 1st International Conference on Technical Education and APEC 2000 Symposium.
• on 19th July, 2000 in Brunei at the 1st International Conference on Technical Education and APEC 2000 Symposium.
• Presented paper on “Dynamic reconfiguration of VTE syllabus amidst low and emerging technologies” at an International Seminar on Science, Mathematics and Technology Education at UBD in Brunei from 29June98 to 02July98.
• Attended Seminar on “Marketing Strategies” at MTSSR, Brunei in June98.
• Attended WOSPA’97 Workshop in Brisbane, Australia in Dec97.